South Lombok Dive Center – Secret Gili Islands
Our beachside dive center is located in Sekotong on the Southern coast of Lombok. This is about 2 hours’ drive from the airport. From our South Lombok dive center, we offer diving in two diving locations. Namely, the Secret Gili Islands in Southwest Lombok and Belongas Bay. The reefs in Southwest Lombok are still very intact. Apart from the many colorful reef fish, the Secret Gili Islands offer an abundance underwater life and diving for divers of all levels of experience.
Our South Lombok dive center offers free tea, coffee and drinking water and has a restaurant as well as a relaxing area for chilling out after the dives. Here you can fill in your log books with your dive guide and relax.
Diving the Secret Gili Islands
The Southern Gilis a very remote area with lovely white sand beaches and small tropical-island resorts. They offer great diving around untouched islands where you’ll most likely be the only divers on the site. Our mainland based dive center is just minutes away from the islands, the nearest being Gili Asahan.
Our dive trips for the Southern Gilis depart at 8am in front of the dive center for two dives, and return at 1pm. Then around 2.30/3pm we depart for our 3rd dive from our South Lombok Dive Center.
Villa Pao Pao – our South Lombok dive center is based at the Villa Pao Pao. 3 Villas situated around a spacious garden directly at the beach beachfront. The Villas have a restaurant serving lovely Indonesian food as well as a spacious relax area. From here you can also rent a scooter and take trips to around the surrounding area, the famous Bangko Bangko/Desert Point. All the rooms have a fan as well as air conditioning, and have private en-suite bathrooms.
South Lombok Dive Center Facilities
- Dive boats: One local style wooden boat for up to 20 guests with covered and open areas, one fiberglass speedboat for up to 6 and 8 guests respectively with a sun canopy. All boats have oxygen and first aid on board, as well as carry drinking water, tea & coffee for the surface interval.
- Distance to dive sites: 10-30 minutes
- Capacity: 30 divers
- Equipment hire: 30 sets of Aqua Lung rental equipment
- Nitrox: Not available
- 15L tanks: Not available
- DIN regulator compatible tanks: Yes, 40
- House Reef: Yes, at Pearl Beach Resort (Gili Asahan)
- PADI rating: 5* IDC Resort
- Classroom: Yes
- Dive Pool: No
- Courses offered: All PADI levels up to IDC, PADI specialties
- Accommodation: Villa Pao Pao, directly at our South Lombok dive center
- Nearest Airport: Lombok Praya (LOP)
- Alternative arrival ports: Fast boats from Bali arrive into Senggigi. Ferries from Bali arrive into Lembar.
- Proximity to dive center: Approx. two hours’ drive from the airport or Senggigi, approx. one hour’s drive from Lembar harbor.