Belongas Bay Dive Center – Pelagic Diving
Our Belongas Bay dive center is located in Pangsing on the south coast of Belongas Bay. This is a 2 hours’ drive from the airport and 1 hour drive from Sekotong. Then, starting from our Belongas Bay dive center, you can dive the surrounding coastline as well as the signature dive sites “The Magnet” and “The Cathedral”. Foremost mentionable, the Belongas Bay dive sites are still very pristine and untouched. This is the place where you still find a huge marine diversity. Nevertheless. due to the at times challenging condition the diving here is reserved for the more experienced diver.
Diving Belongas Bay
Diving the signature dive sites from our Belongas Bay dive center is most rewarding and worthwhile. Meaning here the encounters with pelagic, such as hammerhead sharks, schooling barracuda and tuna, as well as mobula-and eagle rays are quite regular. Nevertheless, while you are on the look-out for these you shouldn’t neglect the fabulous macro life. While diving here you can also find loads of colorful nudibranchs, pygmy seahorses, and porcelain crab, just to name a few.
We depart from our Belongas Bay dive center for a the morning 2-dive trip around 9am. On occasion this may very well change on a day-to-day basis as at this location. This being due to that we must factor in the tides and weather conditions in our dive planning. The trips to the dive sites are 15-45 minutes by boat, the furthest dive site a pinnacle in the open sea. For our surface interval, we go to one of the nearby beaches, returning to our Belongas Bay dive center around 1pm. Then around 3pm we depart for our optional 3rd dive.
Belongas Bay Lodge – our Belongas Bay dive center is based at the Belongas Bay Lodge. Situated in a tropical garden directly on the beach with a beautiful view towards mainland of Lombok. The lodge has a restaurant serving quality Indonesian dishes in a buffet style manner. Outside of the mealtimes the restaurant can also be used as a relaxing area and doing the log books after the dives. The rooms are situated around the garden and are fitted with either a fan (standard room) or air conditioning (superior) and all have hot water showers.
Belongas Bay Dive Center Facilities
- Dive boats: One fiberglass boat for up to 6 guests with covered and open areas. One aluminum barge for up to 8 guests. All boats have oxygen and first aid on board, as well as carry drinking water, tea & coffee.
- Distance to dive sites: 15-45 minutes
- Capacity: 8 divers
- Equipment hire: 10 sets of Aqua Lung equipment
- Nitrox: Not available
- 15L tanks: Not available
- DIN regulator compatible tanks: Yes, 30
- House Reef: NO
- PADI rating: NONE
- Accommodation: Belongas Bay Lodge
- Nearest Airport: Lombok Praya (LOP)
- Alternative arrival ports: Fast boats from Bali arrive into Senggigi. Ferries from Bali arrive into Lembar.
- Proximity to dive center: 2 hours’ drive from the airport or Senggigi, 1 hour’s drive from Lembar harbor.